That day when you realize you have just come to a moment in life that you may have passed up opportunities that can never be reclaimed! All of us have those moments in life that we discover we missed something and the date to turn it around is lost. Sometimes in our visions for the future, our dreams of a better life and hard work we fail to see what we already have as precious. We never consider that reaching for something better could cause us to lose the best!
1. That day when I cannot tie my shoes because I can no longer reach them. Maybe I should have bought those robotic arm extenders? You mean I worked all my life for wealth and now I have to spend all my wealth to find health?
2. That day when I get the pink slip from the supervisor. Maybe I should have invested in some other revenue streams instead of those toys?
3. That day when you wake up and realize retirement age has arrived and you are still spending like a high schooler! Maybe you should have not thought you would never get old and still have need for food, shelter and clothes? I wonder if my kids mind if I move in?
4. That day when the automobile will not crank and the repairman says it is not repairable! Maybe I should have changed the oil and had it serviced? Maybe I should have saved some coins regular so I could purchase another one?
5. That day when you are facing a life tragedy and you have no one to support you through it! Maybe you should have been present with others through their moments of heartbreak so they would be close for yours?
6. That day when your parents or siblings have passed! Maybe you should have called or visited when you didn’t think you had the time? Now you are headed to a funeral and you made the time.
7. That day when you call your children and they don’t have time to call or answer the phone! Maybe you should not have worked so intensely and left them alone so many times? I mean if you treat them as if you don’t need to connect with them they should have never thought they would have believed that was true.
8. That day when the spouse leaves a note that they have decided to leave. Really, after all I have given you you are leaving me? Just because it seamed like my world revolved around work, hobbies, others and me you should have never thought I meant to leave you out! I thought your world revolved around me?
All of us have those days when we say, “Opps!” Some of the things in life which we have, must be nurtured to continue as a part of our life. They are just too important to risk something we have for something we want. Risking something eternal for something temporal is just not logical or sane! Happiness is the commitment to the things that mean the most while reaching for the things that make those things better. Never sacrifice what is important to gain the things which don’t matter! Your life’s best opportunities are those things which you never want to say,”Opps”, I missed that one!